With the advancement of technology new features are coming up but there is also growing risk of hackers and scammers online. Crypto traders are prone to different types of attacks while browsing trading platforms. Ausfinex urges all users to be careful and aware of all types of phishing attacks. Phishing is one common social engineering attack which steals useful information such as 2FA code, Username, Password etc by disguising as Ausfinex in the mode of communication. Users are often deceived by trusted parties in following ways:
- Fake Ausfinex Website
- Email spoofing
- Message or email with malicious link
- Social media portals with edited or manipulated Ausfinex links
- Fake chat or communication with impersonated Ausfinex Support
- Fake Ausfinex support or hotline in search engine
- Free Wi-Fi Phishing
- Malware downloaded while browsing the internet
- Fake Social Media Accounts
Phishing Attack Protection
It is known now that the weakest and most important aspect in security systems is the user. Hence Ausfinex will urge all users to be vigilant while using the internet, be it trading or browsing. Know about the different types of attacks and follow the safety precautions.
- A spoofed message or email will contain fine mistakes in the form of unsmooth words, spelling mistakes, misspelled domain name, strange syntax and other changes; users need to go through details properly before you fall in the trap.
- In addition attackers or hackers will generally try to force you into action by grabbing attention or creating a sense of urgency. For instance, a user may receive an email or message that threatens about account expiration or a message instructing about moving assets to any secure wallet option to avoid loss.
To protect yourself from Phishing attacks the key is to remain vigilant. Ausfinex is taking all necessary steps or precautions to protect the rights of users.
- We will urge all users to upgrade Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to the latest version; this will help in fighting phishing attacks to an extent. Latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome will warn users of any unsafe, high risk or phishing sites.
- The safest option to access Ausfinex trading platform is through the website https://www.ausfinex.com/
- For Tech-Savvy users it is recommended to verify Ausfinex SSL domain name before accessing the site.
- We would suggest you enable 2FA verification such as Google 2FA. Be cautious and don’t share Google 2FA 16 digital keys with any one. The best thing about 2FA is that if Username and Password gets compromised, it prevents any use of these compromised credentials. Enabling 2FA will always be beneficial and it ensures double protection of the entry
- Apart from these we will recommend all Ausfinex users to install Anti-Phishing extensions on web browsers. Always keep your applications or systems updated to avoid any security bugs, use the latest anti-virus software and update it regularly.
- Never connect to untrusted networks for trading cryptocurrencies; hackers may steal useful information in a few
Phishing attacks can be prevented if users are careful and vigilant. We urge all Ausfinex users to report about Phishing sites to our support team, we have a team working continuously to protect users from Phishing sites.