Here is the process to set up 2FA:
- Log in to your Ausfinex account and select ‘Account’
- Next, select the ’Security’ option from the dropdown menu
- Now Select the ’Two Factor Authentication’ option
- Now install the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone or tablet. You can find these apps on your mobile ‘App Store’ or ‘Play Store.’
- After successful installation of the Google Authenticator app on your device, open and select ‘Add an Account’ by selecting either Scan Barcode or Manual Entry
- Scan the QR code of your Ausfinex account from your smartphone or tablet
If the same device is being used for setting up two-factor authentication on your Ausfinex account, then select ‘Enter Provided Key’. Copy and paste the code on your Google Authentication app.
*** The code is generally a 16 character alphanumeric code.
- After successful scanning of the QR code, or entering the key, you’ll see the new two-factor authentication token available on your Google Authenticator app
- Next you have to enter the two-factor authentication token on Ausfinex to approve the final step. The token is valid for 30 seconds; make sure you enter the token within that span or else the token number will be refreshed to a new number. Enter the token number on the Google Authenticator app and complete the process
- Click the ‘ENABLE 2FA’ button to complete the process
You MUST print or take a snapshot of the QR code including the 16-digit key and store it in a secure place.