Here is the process to set up Two-factor Authentication (2FA):
- Log in to your Ausfinex account and go to Account>Security>Two-factor Authentication
- Now install the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone or tablet. You can find these apps on your mobile ‘App Store’ or ‘Play Store'
- After successful installation of the Google Authenticator app on your device, open and select ‘Add an Account’ by selecting either Scan Barcode or Manual Entry
- Scan the QR code of your Ausfinex account from your smartphone or tablet
If the same device is being used for setting up Two-factor Authentication on your Ausfinex account, then select ‘Enter Provided Key’. Copy and paste the code on your Google Authentication app.
*** The code is generally a 16-character alphanumeric code.
- After successful scanning of the QR code, or entering the key, you’ll see the new Two-factor Authentication token available on your Google Authenticator app
- Next, you enter the account password and enter the 6-digit code from your Google Authenticator app to Ausfinex to approve the final step. (The token is valid for 30 seconds; make sure you enter the token within that span or else the token number will be refreshed to a new number.)
- Check mark the box to confirm if you have backed up the 16-digit key
- Click the ‘Enable 2FA’ button to complete the process
You MUST print or take a snapshot of the QR code including the 16-digit key and store it in a secure place.